Saturday, June 13, 2009

Motionbox

Hi Alison,
I looked into Motionbox because I've been looking for a good video editor for awhile. I liked this one although I had a few problems that are mostly related to a poor internet connection. I'm visiting my parents in Utah right now and their internet connection is touch and go with my laptop. I was able to upload a video and edit the video with ease but getting the video to play back to me was a challenge. I had a difficult time finding the buttons I needed and once I did the video played back REALLY slow but that's an internet issue. I think this would be a good tool for science projects because students love to make videos for presentations and this allows them to edit the extra/time consuming stuff out of it. Using this site is going to help them create concise and efficient presentations. I like this! Here is the video I created. It's nothing intriguing really. I took a 3 min video and cut it down to 18 seconds. I would like to do more with it, such as combining different video clips but with my internet limitations it just can't happen right now. But I'll keep it in mind for the future. Once I get done with this vacation I plan to put together video clips and post them on my blog. I'll try out motionbox for that and see how it goes with a high speed connection.

1 comment:

  1. I Like this. I wonder how well it will work on the school bandwidth system. Nice that it is all online and not platform specific. It would be great to enable students without video production software, the video answer to picnic, which I love. Nice eval.

    ReplyDelete